Solid Rock Cycles is a family-run business that has been retailing new bicycles and clothing since 2002 in Glasgow. We also have a fully equipped workshop where we offer servicing and repairs. Our mechanics have over 40 years of experience between them and there isn’t much they haven’t seen before.
Due to the wealth of knowledge of our staff we are able to offer nonbiased advice on all areas of cycling:
- Buying a suitable bike :- off the peg or a specialist build up, childs 1st bike to a top of the range downhill mountain bike or carbon-fibre road bike.
- Customising your bike with various accessories - lights, computers, etc.
- Advice on appropriate training to reach your own goals.
We also go the extra mile by providing:
- Training and fun run nights leaving from the shop - everyone is welcome.
- A demo day in the summer and an open night at Christmas, both provide an opportunity to try before you buy and ask questions directly to the manufacturers.
- Solid Rock School - We are offering our customers the opportunity to come and train with our experienced mechanics learning the secrets and tricks of the trade with hands on training. Let us dispel the myths!
BIKES AND ACCESSORIES
We stock a wide selection of many well - recognised bike brands such as Bianchi, Merida, Orange, Dawes, Claudbutler and Raleigh.
We’re not in the business of selling boxes! Solid Rock Cycles does not believe in offering a bicycle for sale unless it has been built and safety checked by a trained individual, and certainly do not make this an optional extra.
The issue of bikes in boxes is a serious problem for both independent retailers and for consumers themselves. Key issues regarding safety and warranty are not being addressed by those retailers selling unassembled bikes in boxes.
We are also fully trained and signed up to the government ‘cycle to work’ tax incentive scheme, offering company employees an opportunity to use pedal power to get to work saving them money on petrol, being kinder to the environment and using a healthier mode of transport.